Monday, June 23, 2014

Work transition

So..... I've been back to work five weeks already, I probably owe you a report!  This transition has actually been very smooth! Parker cried the first night I left- he was standing at the door screaming as I drove down the street.  Kendon sent me a text after I had been gone a little while and said that Ian came over to him after I left with tears in his eyes and said, "dad, I bet Parker is so sad because he remembers Korea and when he had to leave his foster mom."  The tenderness of that child amazes me sometimes and there are times I feel like he really 'gets' this adoption thing. Thankfully, that was short lived as there haven't been tears since then!  He does occasionally get a little bit sad and clingy when he realizes I'm getting ready for work, but by the time I am ready to actually leave he gives me a hug and says, "see you in the morning.... I love you".   

Of course, Kendon has done amazing with having all three of them and as always has them in bed quicker than when I'm there!  It has also been a blessing to have Kendons mom to feed them on the nights I go to work- I don't think she realizes the stress that takes off of me to not have to worry about getting supper fixed early before I have to leave!  

We are so blessed and thankful for the smoothness of this transition!

Here is some randomness for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment