Friday, March 23, 2012
Home Study Visit #1
My goodness, I don't even really know what to say! I will start by saying I really like our social worker (would be a nightmare if we didn't!!). The kids were both standing at the door waiting on her when she got out of her car. She immediately started waving at them and engaged with them as soon as she walked in the door. This was important as she wanted to spend some time with Ian a little later. Ian was more than happy to show her all of his favorite things! We don't know what their conversation was like as we were not in the room with them but she did tell us she talked to him about the new baby being scared because he will be taken away from things that are familiar to him. She said she thought Ian would understand that and be sensitive to that b/c he has such a tender heart. I know a lot of you don't care about all the little specifics and I will spare you a lot of them. But some of them I know I will be glad later that I recorded them. Since our meeting was at 2, the kids (and mom!) didn't get a nap. This doesn't usually affect Ian until later on in the evening but it does affect Kinzlee. On too of no nap she needed to go to the bathroom really bad. She hasn't quite figured out how to do this quick and easy so we make a thousand trips to the bathroom before she finally goes. So, as you can guess, this is how it started out and lasted for the first about hour of our visit...... A thousand trips to the bathroom!!! She did however, finally go and was a completely different child. We got the ok at that time that she was done with the kids and they could go with Yaya...... Yaya to the rescue! Which left us with about a hour and a half of just us and her..... The visit went well.... We got to talk about how we met, our attractions to each other, our marriage, our financial status (yeah Dave Ramsey!!!), etc. She gave us several things to think about that we will approach again in our next meeting. There were also several 'safety' things we have to fix around the house (technical state requirements). We will be scheduling individual interviews with her hopefully this week and then we will have one mored meeting together to wrap things up. She said she has 60 days to be completely done with this part of the process- it is nice to have a pretty definite time frame for at least one part of the journey! She will want to spend about a hour and a half with each of us individually andi think this is where the really invasive conversations will take place.... I am fretting a little bit about that! All of us regular nappers that missed out today are ready to go lay in the bed and watch some basketball.... Will share updates as we have them over the next couple of weeks. Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement over the last couple of days- they mean more than you will ever know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there ;)
ReplyDeleteHoping all is well with you these days!
;) your kiddos sound too precious!!!