Thursday, May 3, 2012

Small Things....

I don't have much news on the adoption front but I feel like I have a ton of stories (don't worry, I won't bore u with ALL of them!). We are still just waiting for our home study report to be written up and approved. The whole home study process could take 60-90 days so we still have some time to wait. We have been extremely busy at work so I have been working some extra hours (gazelle intense- for all you Dave Ramsey fans!!)- so I have not been very caught up in the waiting. We are beginning to slow back down though so I am sure the wait will be back at the front of my kind and will constantly be wondering if today is the day we will hear something.



         In other news- Ian started t-ball this last week!! For those of you who know our family know that baseball is a big thing in our house so this is exciting for us! Ian is loving every minute of it despite the fact thathe doesn't understand why we aren't playing by real baseball rules (everyone gets to bat, there are no real outs, no one wins, etc). Kendon and my dad are coaching him and Kinzlee is his biggest cheerleader! Seeing his smile when he crosses the plate is absolutely priceless!
                                No, he doesn't use a pink bat- he was taking it back to the dugout!
                                                                Lead off?  In t-ball????


Music is a big part of me- I love to sing and almost always have music on whether in the house or car. It is also beginning to become a big part in my kids which brings me so much joy. So the other day we we I the car and the radio was on and I was mindlessly singing along. The song "God's not dead" was on and before long I hear a little voice in the back singing along word for word! There are lots if songs I sing over and over to Ian to teach him but this has not been one of them. It brought me so much joy to hear this precious little four year old voicing proclaiming that his God is not dead but "surely alive and living on the inside roaring like a lion"!! It also served as a huge reminder at just how much our kids pick up ona daily basis. They are intently watching and listening to everything going on in their day and it is my job to make sure the things they see and hear are uplifting and of the Lord.
We also took the kids to their first Ranger game of the year last weekend.  It is going to be a fun year for those trips!  Ian had a blast and was engaged the entire game!





No comments:

Post a Comment