Monday, May 12, 2014

Parker's first Ranger game!


Parker had to have a very minor surgical procedure done on the 30th and we couldn't pass up a chance for a weekday Ranger game!  There aren't usually very many people on weekdays so you can buy cheap tickets and usually sit wherever you want. We thought it might be a good chance to test out the waters to see how Parker would do at a game with only the three of us first. The game was not the best of games but we had a blast!  Parker loved being there and did way better than we thought he might!


 


We also were able to meet up with some very important friends to us which absolutely made our night. We actually were talking about Russ and Kim on the way to the game that afternoon about how our opening day tradition started with a trip with them. These guys have been so special to us as we started our marriage and helped them in the youth ministry. They have been a sounding board, encouragers, supporters, and friends. Although Russ would never believe this, I will never forget when I was in the hospital in labor with Ian and we had made the decision to do a c-section(and I was a wreck!)- Russ in all his uncomfortableness came in with Kendon and prayed with us. I will not say I was completely peaceful about it- but it meant SO much! Several years ago, The Lord called them to another church. This was very hard for Kendon and I to process but of course eventually worked through it. Running into them is always a blessing- it was extra special this time though because they were able to meet Parker- who they have earnestly joined with us in prayer for. You guys will always be special to us- we love you! 


We had to be at the hospital the next morning at 8 and surgery was scheduled for 9:30. We were glad it was early- but still a little worried about keeping food/drink from our food lover for that long!  We went by Whataburger on the way to the hotel because he could eat until 2AM!  He ate some chicken and crashed. He did surprisingly well the next morning even with a two hour delay in surgery!  We were finally able to go to a play room to finish our wait and that did the trick for him. He did great when surgery time came (much better than momma!) and there were no tears when they wheeled him off (maybe a little bit drousy ;-). Surgery was so quick we didn't have time to do much but I did grab a snack. Everything went great and they didn't have to do part of the procedure they thought they might!  He was still pretty groggy when they let us back to see him but he was quickly aroused with the taste of a Popsicle. After two Popsicles, some time, and some very loud 'let it go' singing- they decided he could go. Part of the discharge instructions were to not eat/drink on the car ride home. I laughed at her and said my car ride is three hours. She told me I could use my judgement;-). He drank a coke and ate some crackers and EVENTUALLY went to sleep- the ride home was essentially uneventful. Recovery at home has been a little touchy, but we are finally over the hurt and down to the itching of stitches. 





1 comment: