Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back to work

Last week I spontaneously decided to potty train Parker. There have been cues since we came home that he was ready- I just couldn't decide that I was ready!  I finally couldn't ignore his readiness any longer and decided to give it a try without ever really deciding we were fully jumping in. If you have known me for any length of time you know that I used the 3 day method with the other two and am very much a believer. Ian was completely trained in four days and Kinzlee in five. That training method is intense and hard core and I honestly was not mentally prepared for it so I didn't start out and follow it  exactly like I did before which I felt for sure was setting me up for failure!  I am confidently returning the unopened box of diapers to the store less than a week after I bought them! We still have accidents here and there but I'm so proud of Parker and what he has accomplished! (Our budget is quite proud also!)

This is my last week at home. After 13 weeks off- I have to go back Sunday night. After I had Ian and Kinzlee- there was a point that I was truly ready to go back to work- I needed the time away from the house that work gave me. This time- I can truly say I am not ready, I just want to stay home!  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my job..... I love my coworkers and I love my babies and I don't feel like I will EVER completely not work at all- but going back to full time hours is just not settling well. I do know this isn't an option in this season (and I'm really ok with that) so that makes me ready to get back into the routine of things and get past this leg of the transition. I have the easy part of the transition- Kendon and the kids have the hard part. My babies have had their momma for a WHOLE 13 weeks all day every day..... You should have seen their disappointed faces wheni told them this week that I had to go back to work :-(.  The busiest, hardest, dutiful time of any house is supper/bedtime...... Kendon is back to doing that three nights a week with an added child- he is truly super dad!  Parker is doing amazing in our family, but with me being with him all day while Kendon is at work, he has attached to me a little bit more. When I leave to run an errand, I usually leave him crying. At night, although he eventually calms down and goes to sleep with Kendon, he would prefer me to be with him. I really feel like he will be ok with the transistion..... He is so resilient and his personality is so easy going but it is going to be a learning curve for him to learn that even though I'm gone when he goes to sleep I will always come back home. These first two weeks I'm not working any nights back to back to hopefully aid in that transition. If you think about us- please say a prayer for easy transition for us all!



 
 
These next pictures were from a fun trip to great grans for the day....
 






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment