Before we even started getting ready for bed (but dark outside), Parker started getting fussy and crying. We got the other two in bed and put him in the carrier. We walked and talked for a long time. Kendon was back and forth with us..... He would come stand by us and talk to Parker when he would start screaming again. The way he finally fell asleep tonight was Kendon and I swaying back and forth with Parker squished in between us. It really was a sweet moment ;-). Again, a very wild sleeper, but he slept all night!
We did go for Parker's Visa today at the US Embassy. The process of the visa was very uneventful. We walked the couple of blocks from our hotel to the embassy. I put Parker in the ergo on my back and he quickly fell asleep. Our appointment was at 1 and we were to wait outside for a person from our agency. As soon as we rounded the corner, we noticed an amazingly large police presence, much larger than our previous trip when we just walked by. It was a little intimidating but was ok until we came out of appointment. We came out and they were all lining up 2 by 2 holding shields in front and full gear. I asked the lady with us why there were so many police. She said she didn't know, a riot or something. We left the building and crossed the street only to find more! There were police buses bumper to bumper around about 3 blocks. We had planned on meeting my parents and kids across from the embassy when we were done. When we finally got ahold of them, they had already gone back to the hotel! And we took the quickest underground route we could ;-)
I was pretty worried about Kinzlee's transition as she is very much a mommas girl and prefers momma to do anything for her that she needs. In preparing for this transition, I prepared for and talked to her a lot about her needing to let someone else help her with what she needed for a little while. It has been such a blessing to be able to still give her most of the attention she wants/needs. Parker wants Kendon just as much (if not a tad bit more) as he wants me and he has been so happy and good during the day to allow this. She still is struggling a tad with sharing her spot, but she is doing better than I expected her to be. I didn't ever really worry much about Ian. He is such an easy going kid with such a big heart that I didn't think he would have any trouble. I did talk to him though about letting us know if he needed some mommy/daddy time. Blessed beyond measure with some amazing kids!




No comments:
Post a Comment