Monday, December 16, 2013

Waiting...... Well?

This last week has been such a disappointment and hard one for me, I feel like I need to have it written down.  We start this new week STILL waiting on a court date.  Now, when you look at the overall time line of the families before us- this wait for a court date hasn't been longer than normal or anything like that- but we allowed ourselves to strongly believe that it would happen last week. You would think by now in this process we would know better than that and we would have figured out how to 'wait well'. Honestly, I really thought I was doing a pretty decent job of it- until last week. On Friday, when the time of the evening had come that I knew we would not be getting a phone call that day- I was so very disappointed. We had a little family trip planned and we were boarding the North Pole Express..... This did serve to occupy my mind a little bit- but it seemed like EVERY single thing would remind me of him or his birth country or the fact that we will spend another birthday and Christmas without him.  The kids and I would be walking though somewhere having a fun time and one of us would say, "don't you think PJ would be having fun?" Or "I sure wish PJ were with us".   We went to a Maverick game Saturday night..... They kept showing this family that was of Asian decent and they had a little boy with them....... It was all I could do to hold back those tears!

I DO know and truly believe that God has the timing all planned out and that he knows best how the timeline of things needs to happen; but that doesn't stop my earthly sinful self from doubting or worrying or being disappointed. I know that our court date is 'already set' and it isn't going to change whether I know when that is today or two weeks ago...... But this momma has so much preparation to do that is just really hard to make myself do until I have a deadline. 

Please do not think that I share this for a sympathy vote- that is no way my intention. I share this for couple of reasons..... 1. These are the feelings/praises (that I know is coming!) that I want to be able to share with someone else who is in the same place as me 2. To solicit your prayers as we enter another week of waiting but also as we enter another week closer to meeting our sweet boy!  Thank you for your continued love and support- every single one of you!

We did receive an update a couple of weeks ago that I will share with you. At 23 months he is about 25 pounds (about 3 more than Kinzlee!!); 32 inches tall; and he has 8 teeth on top and 8 on bottom. I don't think he is lacking in the food department!   

Here is the picture we received....  This picture is super cool and special to us because the jacket and hat he is wearing were both Ian's- and we sent him the book he is looking at with pictures of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment