Friday, December 27, 2013

Long Awaited Date!

Wow!  What a whirl wind of a couple of days!  We had some very good Christmas times with all our families. I worked Christmas night and didn't allow myself adequate nap time that day or any of the days leading to that day- but it's Christmas, right!!??  As the majority of you know, we had been expecting a call from our agency for the last two weeks assigning us our court date. I have to admit (again!) that I have been pretty bummed waiting, and waiting, seeing other families in our 'group' get their call, and waiting..... The devil uses that as prime time to stir up a little doubt and the million 'what if' questions. Soooo, we went into the Christmas holidays still waiting. I emailed my program director to find out when their offices would be closed so I would know when to stay close to my phone and what days to not expect anything. She basically said that their office and the office in SK would be closed on Christmas Day only, that she was going to take some time off but that she would be checking her emails and continue to relay important info.   So, I came home the day after Christmas to an empty and quiet house (Christmastime means lots of family around who want to spend time with kiddos!) with every intention of getting a good nap in. I threw my phone on the bed and went to change clothes. It took me no longer than three minutes but I came back to a missed call from a number I didn't recognize (of course her office number is saved!!!) and a voicemail. I played back the message not really thinking anything about it, until I heard her voice!!!!  I knew why she was calling and my heart was skipping beats.   The message says she has really good news for us and that she will try to call Kendon (:-/)..... So I start bombarding his phone telling him to answer the phone because I know he is likely to not answer if he doesn't know the number. When he finally gets off the phone and is able to tell me- we were both so shocked we didn't say much.  We had been expecting the court date to be for the last week in January..... A court date of January 22nd was very quick and unexpected..... BUT we would be on an airplane in ONLY 20 days to meet our son!!!! Kendon came on home and we booked our flights. What an amazing blessing to end Christmas with!  

The kids got a fish tank for Christmas and we needed to go to Abilene to pick up a couple of things for that- and of course to celebrate! I did end up taking a nap that afternoon so pardon the hat head, but we ended up at Rosa's and celebrating with tortillas and honey!  



Trip and process details coming in next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment