For several years now, we have purchased a zoo pass for the Abilene zoo. The first year, we were a little bit hesitant as we didn't know if we would really get our money out of it, but we quickly decided it was well worth it! The Abilene zoo is the perfect zoo to just get your 'zoo fix'. Ian and Kinzlee have been so many times that they know it frontwards and backwards, but we always see something fun and exciting no matter how many times we go. It is also nice to go and just spend a hour or so and not feel like you are wasting money for not staying very long. It was a cloudy day and there was a chance of rain, but like I said before, if it rains us out, we aren't out anything! So, we loaded up the car and Hehe (Kendra) and headed to Abilene. It started raining lightly before we got to Abilene and continued to rain through lunch (Chick fil A). We decided to make a few stops and wait out the rain a little bit. It did finally stop and we got to go! Ian and Kinzlee had a blast showing Parker around. I think Parker's favorite of the day were the giraffe's. I have always thought Abilene has one of the best giraffe exhibits around and today they were actually pretty active and walking around their territory more than I have seen them in a while.
I have this shot more than once with only two of them.....!!!
This bond.... it is precious!
Ian the Turtle Man
One of their favorite things at this zoo
This was about the time we were saying we needed to hurry back to the car, the rain was coming again!
Car seats..... They don't use car seats in SK. This was a little bit of a concern from the beginning, wondering how Parker would do in a car seat. He is a champ! He sits there and is entertained like he has done it his whole life! We do wonder if having the other two in their seats has helped with this particular transition, I am SURE it hasn't hurt! Praising God for the small victories!
No comments:
Post a Comment