Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Sacrifices
If you are in an adoption journey, you know all too well about the sacrifices that come along with it. We currently don't have a vehicle that will transport three kids in carseats, so we have been planning for a while how we are going to rearrange our vehicles. I commute 45 miles one way three times a week so at the same time of needing a bigger vehicle, we need a gas saver also. So, we researched some cars that get good gas mileage and decided that we were going to get a Toyota Prius. The trick is to do this while also thinking about the things that we learned from our Dave Ramsey class. One of our vehicles is Kendon's truck which is the first truck he bought for him self and it was each of our first vehicles to pay completely off. Unfortunately this is the vehicle that makes the least sense for us to have since we don't really have a good use for it. So we decided we would sell Kendons pickup and use that money for a used Prius then when it got closer to bringing baby number three home we would trade the equinox for something bigger (of which we have not completely decided). So, we found a Prius and bought it and we actually sold (or have word that its a deal) Kendon's truck yesterday. While this is a good thing for our family, it is kind of sad time for Kendon.... He really really liked that truck and it was a special thing to him. While I am excited it sold, I am sad that he had to make that big sacrifice. But, God has reminded me today of the amazing circumstances that we are making sacrifices for and he also reminded me of the amazing husband I have. I am thankful that I married a man who is willing to make those big sacrifices because it is the best thing for our family. Thank you Kendon, I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment