Thursday, October 24, 2013

Faithful.....

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since our EP was submitted.  The time frame we were given for approval (the next step) was 6-8 weeks.  While we knew/know it is quite unlikely for that approval to happen at 6 weeks (there are several families in front of us), it doesn't mean we don't hope/pray that it happens in the shortest 'quoted' amount of time.  About three weeks ago, we were encouraged because there was quite a bit of movement in our group of adoptive friends...... but there has been virtually no movement since then.  So, the last two weeks have been pretty big downers for Kendon and I..... at the end of each day it has been ending with, "Can you believe there was NO movement today!!??"  We have been hoping that we would be able to make our first trip the last week of December which would put us there for Parkers 2nd birthday.... the longer we go with no movement, the more unrealistic that dream becomes.  I say all of that to lead to this........... and I'm going to steal the words of a friend because I couldn't have said it better...."God is so faithful to give us just what we need exactly when we need it from places we never dream of!"

Tuesday night I went to work and was working with a friend that I haven't seen in several weeks.  She asked me if I had heard any news about Parker and I just closed my eyes, told her no, and said we better not talk about it.... its been a rough couple of weeks.  Her and I shed lots of tears lots of nights at work when we get into these conversations...... So, we just left it at that.

Wednesday night I went to work and there was a student that was going to be with us until 11.  I started doing the things I needed to do and she followed me and watched.  A conversation was struck up about how many kids I had.  I told her I had two at home and one in SK that I was waiting to bring home.  The expression on her face changed just a little bit and she said, "so you are adopting from SK?....  I am adopted.... and I was adopted from SK!"  The emotion that flooded me (and is flooding me again right now!) is unexplainable..... Chills went up my spine and tears filled my eyes.  She immediately apologized for making me emotional... I told her that it was ok- it had been an emotional couple of weeks and this was perfect timing!  About that time, my coworker walked by and I told her what had just happened.  She immediately told the girl to not worry if I start crying.... thats just what we do!

This girl shared a little bit about her story and her heart.  It blessed my heart to hear from an adult adoptee that had a positive story and a positive life.  She was able to share with me a few things that Parker will likely struggle with and some ways to help or ways that don't help at all.  Best of all, she offered me her contact information and invited me to please contact her if I had any questions or needed anything.  She dotted over Parker's picture and expressed excitement and joy that we were on this journey..... just what this mommas heart needed!

Off topic, I want to leave you with a couple of my favorite pictures in a long time.  Last weekend, we had the priviledge of being involved in the wedding of a couple that are very dear to our hearts..... wedding means everybody dresses up which means we get to take a good picture!
Thank you Chas and Katie for the oppurtunity to be involved in such a special time of your lives!
 
 
The kids were so good for the whole weekend, so we took a little side trip on the way home and stopped at the Dallas Zoo..... Would you look at my little blue-eyed cuties!!!!

 
I will leave you with one more.....

He is definatly his daddys child!




No comments:

Post a Comment