Fast forward to the first day ..... We took him into school this morning instead of just dropping him off. As he was walking in his line (not really very excited), there was a boy walking by his daddy and falling further and further to the back of the line. He was crying and very much did not want his parents to leave. Before we got to his class, I leaned over to Ian and asked him if he would help that boy today... I told him to be his friend and help him have a good day. I looked back at the boys name tag and told Ian his name.... He told me he would do that. So when Ian got home in the afternoon.... I asked him if he had helped the boy have a good day today... He said, "yeah, I showed him the fish and told him we were gonna have lots of fun." I asked him if he happened to be sitting at his table...... "Yes! He s sitting right beside me."........
Thankful today for God appointed opportunities, an amazingly tender hearted boy, and encouraging first days of school!


No comments:
Post a Comment