Once the paperwork is all translated, it will be submitted to the Ministry where they will go through it all to make sure it is all in order. This step is called EP (emigration permission) submission. Next we will wait for word that our EP is approved. Then we will be submitted to court and then given a hearing date. We will know our hearing date anywhere from 5-8 (or so) weeks before it is scheduled and will need to be in South Korea several days before that. We will travel to South Korea for our hearing, come home, then return in 3-5 weeks to bring him home. The process from Friday will still be anywhere from 6-8 months (give or take). We covet your prayers as we begin this part of our process. Pray for favor with governments and that things will move along as planned with no major bumps in the road to slow us down. I would also ask that you would pray for Parker's birth mom and family as they will be trying to connect with her to confirm her decision of adoption. While this part of the process is very stressful and hard for us, I absolutely can't imagine how she will feel having the decision put back in front of her. This is SO very hard for me to pray, but I pray for God's will.... I pray that she will be strong enough to make the decision she feels is right, whichever decision that is. Thank you so much for your love, support, and concern for our family.
Again, if you have our blog saved somewhere, take note of the address change.
SO excited for this movement, but I can only imagine the stress and nerves involved in all of it. We are praying for you guys and for your precious Parker. We will also be praying for his birthmom. Love you guys dearly!
ReplyDeleteOh Kursten I'm so excited you have news of movement forward! I've been keeping your family and others in my prayers and I truly pray it moves quickly now and for Parker's bm during this also. The weight of her decision for you and her and Parker is so huge - take heart that so is our God!!!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!