Monday, May 27, 2013
Clothes......
We are putting together a package to send this month. I have gotten most of it gathered and sitting by the box- but am having a hard time making myself pack the box and tape it all up. When I went through Ian's old clothes for the garage sale- I sold most things that were less than 18 months but I kept a few things that were a little bigger 12-18 month that were some of my favorites for when Parker got home. So I came to the very hard realization that he will not be home in time to wear these and if I want him to wear them I am going to have to send them to South Korea. Yes- I have saved most of the rest of Ian's clothes and no- it isn't really such a big deal that Parker won't wear them..... But I had a 'goal' or expectation set that he would and that has been shattered. OF COURSE- that isn't the only expectation that has been shattered along the journey and I know it won't be the last.... But this one has been a hard one for me get over. Regardless.... I will move on and I will send the clothes to South Korea..... Oh how I hope Parker's foster mom takes some pictures of him in these clothes and that I will eventually get to see the pictures. Here is what ended up in this care package:
I was gonna make a separate post for the update on the
journey but I'm just gonna include it here.... They have changed their
minds again about the process and we are again going to be required to
appear in court in South Korea, which means either one long trip of 3-4
weeks or two separate trips. There still have been no kids (except one
in Sweden) come home. The are some court dates set for the end of May
and into June..... We are praying diligently and expectantly that these
court dates do indeed happen. Please pray for these pilot families as
they have been waiting such a long time (since nov 2011) to bring their
children home and they are traveling with so many unknowns about the new
process. As far as our time frame- we just really don't know. We are
still holding onto hope that we will bring Parker home before he is 2
and in 2013.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


(((((OH Kursten))))) I didn't know the travel requirements had changed again. I'm so sorry:( I just can't even imagine how hard it is to not have him here with you. I know I can't understand your exact emotions, but know that my heart hurts with you and for you as you travel this road.
ReplyDeleteI just finished my quiet time this morning and the whole time, the Lord was speaking one word to me: trust. There was also a huge theme of waiting on the Lord in all of my devotions this morning. This is one quote that particularly spoke to me this morning: "God answers prayer in the best way--not just sometimes, but every time." I don't understand why it can't be right away, but I do know one thing: He has gone before us and has something so beautiful and wonderful in store. (I'm speaking this to myself, so I hope this doesn't come across as me preaching at you! I just love you guys so much and so badly want to do something to make this easier and better...I know there's not anything tangible I can really do though (although if there is, please tell me what it is!), but know I am DEFINITELY committed to praying.
Much love to each of you!!