Monday, June 4, 2012

Mind like Christ

Our Sunday school lesson yesterday hit home with me..... We were talking about having a mind like Christ. It talked about six adjectives that describe God's ideal for the mind; alive, peaceful, single-minded, lowly, pure, and sensitive & responsive. I am only going to talk about one of them b/c it was the one that really hit me yesterday: peaceful. Romans 8:6 says, "the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.". I was reminded that we SET our minds. Our lesson said that our work is the setting the mind, God's work is the peace. This was something that I needed to be reminded of this week as we are STILL waiting for approval of our home study. All I have to do is daily chose to set my mind to that of Christ..... I was also reminded of Matthew 11:28- "HIS yolk is easy and HIS burden is light". My nature is a very controlling nature- I like to be in control of the things going on... I am learning very quickly through this process that I am not in control of anything! I am so thankful for a husband that brings this back to my reality when I am unable to do it by myself. Last week, I was getting caught up in the 'hold up' of our approval..... He was very quick to remind me that we are on God's time and that things will move when they are supposed to. So- this week I am trying to take on the yolk of Christ and let him carry my unbearable burden of not being in control of our paperwork approval. On another note, we have several fundraisers in the works.... A couple with some dear friends of ours in their own journey and a couple that we will be doing by ourselves. Stay tuned for those- we are very excited! Ian started vacation bible school last night... Pictures to come sometime this week! He absolutely loves VBS so an exciting week at our house.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to be patient isn't it? It took 2 months for our home study to be written up and approved but we just got it this week, woo hoo! So stay strong, it's never a fun wait but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete