Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Final Approval!

So..... I have to admit from the get go, we set our expectations very high (which we know better- we have learned this lesson before!!!) for the time frame we would receive final approval. We were hoping to have approval in time to make our trip on the 17th. Our US agency needs two business days from final approval notice before we travel- just to make sure all our papers and appointments are in order. So to travel on the 17th, we needed approval on the 12th, which was only 15 days after preliminary approval. Doable yes, but highly unlikely!  So- going into this last weekend- we were pretty bummed that we hadn't heard anything and at this point are now hoping to leave on Wednesday, the 19th. (Which means we would be stretching it to even hear first thing Monday morning!). About mid-morning Monday, I was working on the closet in the boys room and decided I didn't have what I needed. We hadn't heard anything yet, so I had given up on hearing that day. I told Kendon I needed to just make a quick trip to Abilene. He said, 'you know as soon as we get to Anson we will get the call'....... I told him that was fine and off we went. We went to Lowes, had been there maybe 10 minutes, Kinzlee had my phone, and I was trying to decide which shelf I needed. Kendon walked up to the aisle I was on and I heard my email tone on my phone. I, of course, glanced over at my phone and saw my agency directors name and title 'final approval'. I grabbed the phone from kinzlee, which by the way made her not very happy!, and started jumping and telling Kendon (probably a little too loudly!), "we got it, we got it, it's here!!!"

In a quick panic mode he says "well let's get home!"  We finished figuring out the shelves (still not sure we have the right thing- but we made them work!), I made a mad dash into Walmart, chick fil a drive thru (which didn't get eaten) and we were on our way. Our gas light was on and the station we drove by had JUST increased the price to 2.25 so we decided to wait until Hawley for gas.  Lots of emails, texts, and price checks on the way home. We pull into Hamlin and realize we didn't stop for gas!  It's a miracle we made it home!  Finally about 3:15, we had all our flights and our room booked and I was on my way to the best 'massage lady' around! (THANK YOU mom and Jen!). 

So, the only thing left between us and our sweet boy is a couple of plane rides and a couple of days!  We do have a visa interview there, but that is after we take custody. We leave Abilene at 5:50 Thursday morning the 20th and will return to Abilene at 1:30 next Saturday march 1st. 

In the midst of all of my angst and disappointment of it not happening like I thought, I was gently reminded that God is in control and HIS timing is perfect every single time. Last Monday, Ian came home from school after throwing up. There hasn't been a day since when one of the four of us have not had some type of stomach bug 'issue'..... We still aren't quite in the clear- but much better and more in shape for a 15 hour plane ride than we would have been before now.  

AND..... I get to spend my birthday in SK!  Definately the best gift this momma could have asked for and a birthday that will not be forgotten!  

Friends/Family, thank you again for your unending love, prayers, and support. We truly couldn't have made it without you and we are finally SO very close to the end of the first part of our journey. We are so excited to start the next part of the journey with Parker by our side - and all of you!  We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment