That our file had been submitted for EP (Emigration Permission). We were not expecting this for another 3 weeks! I'm gonna play out the day so I will remember..... The morning was spent picking up the house.... Kinzlee was not obeying like she should so she had ended up with some pretty stern discipline. We both cried it out and eventually got over it with some music on the tv and organizing adoption papers in my room. While I was in my room, my phone was in the living room. I walked by the table and hit the home screen button on my phone and saw several texts from Kendon.... The last one was 'call me'. So I opened my home screen and immediately saw a missed call and voice mail from our agency program director. I quickly listened to her message which was, "I have an update for you, I'm sure you are sleeping. I'm gonna try to call Kendon and maybe I can catch one of you today." I quickly called Kendon and asked if she had called him...... He tried to play it off telling me Ian had fallen and hurt his back at school (he really did).... And acting like he couldn't remember who she was or why she called...... I finally just had to ask if she was calling to tell us our EP had been submitted. Of course, tears ensued! We got off the phone and I immediately thought of one of my adoptive momma friends that is right ahead of us in the process and wondered if she had gotten the same news. I eventually learned that she did not..... Instead she got some very devastating news that delayed their process about 6 weeks. I was very disheartened by this news as we benefited from their misfortune. Of course, I want our process to go quickly and speed up...... But never in a million years would I want that at the expense of another family! Please join me in prayer for these couple of families that got delayed. Pray specifically that somewhere down the line, they will see their delay and work extra hard to get them through.
We quickly decided we needed to go to lunch to celebrate so we had subway with my parents. I had to work last night so I needed a nap yesterday afternoon; how in the world was I supposed to go to sleep..... The possibilities of meeting our son before the new year were back! I had so many things going thru my mind.
I was reminded about 2:30 AM about a dream I had a couple of nights ago. I have no idea what made me think of it- but I was so glad I remembered. The dream was very simple and very far-fetched. I dreamt two people that were ahead of us in the process had funerals to attend and that we were submitted for EP instead. (A funeral would not delay someone from being submitted for EP- this was not the case for these families). I write that with an amount if guilt over how things happened- but it is something I want to remember.
So where from here??? We wait for our EP to be approved which will take 6-8 weeks. We also are still waiting on confirmation of contact with Parker's birth mom. Hopefully we will have news about this early next week. Please refer to my last post for the timeline after these steps. Thank you for praying- please keep them coming!

No comments:
Post a Comment