I can't believe I am already able to type that phrase!!! Yes, be excited, the time has already come!!!! We received a referral and were matched with a child last week!! Our hearts are overjoyed and totally overflowing! Yes, this is way sooner than we expected (Jan)..... obviously we are on God's time! I won't be sharing a lot of specific information here.... But I would love to tell you about him personally if you want to inquire. He is 7 months old and has a contagious grin like you have never seen before! Ian and Kinzlee are beyond excited- Kinzlee has actually been carrying around his picture that we have framed and 'playing' with him. We are a little bit still in shock but we are beyond blessed and trusting completely that our Father is with him protecting him and loving him until we get there. Please pray for him to continue to advance developmentally as he should and that he would know love like never before from us (thousands of miles away!), from his foster parents (oh so close to him!), and from our Heavenly Father (even at such a young age, I know he can know this love!). Also pray for us as we prepare to bring him home and as we prepare Ian and Kinzlee for his addition. They are so very excited, but they have NO idea the wait that is before them before he can come home. Pray that we are able to daily find ways to make him real to them and that they can hang on to their excitement for the duration. We are looking at about a 13-16 month wait before we can bring him home. I will leave you with a sneak peak.......
| He has already made a Ranger game! |
I also have to add that my tender-hearted, compassionate, energetic, and very smart Ian started Pre- School yesterday!! Where did that time go???? I have been a little on emotional edge and shed a few tears Sunday night, but I did pretty good yesterday morning. Ian did great, jumped right in a loved it. Kinzlee had a little bit of an issue leaving her brother in that room.... we were walking down the hall to leave and she was crying and yelling 'bubba, bubba'. She did ok though once we got home and she started playing. He is only going half a day for the first two weeks, which makes it a little easier on us all! He loved it! He got home and said he wished he could go every day. When I told him that he could he said, 'no, we go to church one day!' He also said he couldn't wait until he could go all day. I guess he had a great time! It is a big change in our house as we are used to all snuggling in bed until 8:30 or so..... but we have had two successful mornings of up and at 'em! (That's a feat for this night girl!) I'm embracing the season! Here is my big boy with ambitions of a banker..... a banker??? He said he wanted to 'go to the bank like dad'.
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What wonderful wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! He looks absolutely adorable from that little picture at the game. Yippee!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much- we are still on cloud 9! I'm waiting for the realization of the wait to hit me- but relishing in the moment! We are all gonna have to meet up at some point!
ReplyDeleteCongrats sweet friend! What a true blessing to be connected as a family by God - keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDelete